Chief Operating Officer,
Executive Vice President
Summary of Qualifications
Scott Owens is the Executive Vice President & COO of McClellan Jet Services and Sacramento McClellan Airport, both subsidiaries of McClellan Business Park, LLC. Mr. Owens has 37 years of experience in the business aviation industry and has been with McClellan Jet Services since its inception in 2001. He has developed private and government business segments on both the airport and within the FBO guiding increasing revenues of the company and has developed a very qualified MJS management team who together have turned MJS into the largest Fixed Base Operator (FBO) in the greater Sacramento region with a vision to follow suit with the newly acquired Sacramento McClellan Airport as one of the largest privately owned public use airports in the U.S.
Mr. Owens career in business aviation maintenance began in 1980 and has included various roles from Line Mechanic, Supervisory and Management positions as well as Aircraft Maintenance Consulting and a broad range of aviation business development. Mr. Owens has extensive experience with the Federal Aviation Regulations specializing in FAA Repair Station certification, operations and compliance, FBO and airport property leasing.
Mr. Owens is responsible for leasing, marketing and management of the approximately 1,000,000 square feet of airfield buildings, aviation business development, managing the FBO business and oversight of the Sacramento McClellan Airport operations and development.
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics License
- FAA Inspection Authorization
Aviation Industry Associations
- National Air Transportation Association (NATA) Board Secretary, Chairman of the Sales & Marketing Committee and President’s Council member
- National Air Transportation Compliance Services and People Solutions (NATACS/PS) Board Member
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
- National Business Aviation Association (NBAA)
- Northern California Business Aviation Association (NCBAA)Association of American Airports Executives Corporate Member